A few weeks ago, I decided to go to church just to sit there in adoration and prayer. I had some things to do but wanted to dedicate time to God therefore I rushed and just went as I was. I had nothing fancy on, just my ripped jeans and a t-shirt. I rapidly pulled my hair up on a ponytail as I got in the car. As soon as I arrived at church, I tried to clear my head of the many to-dos and tried just to enjoy a moment of quiet prayer. It was mid-day Friday, usually there is nothing going on at church at that time, perfectI thought. I really had no idea what was ahead of me. 

 So, I walked at a steady pace as I looked down at the pavement. When suddenly, a familiar voice made me look up, “welcome, come join us, she said.  It was a longtime friend whom I have not seen in over 15 years. To my surprise there was a limousine and many people that I knew in their best gowns. suddenly I found myself in the middle of a wedding! I had been so deep in my thought that I walked into the crowd of glamorously dressed wedding congregates. My face turned all kinds of colors as I pictured myself in the middle of them all. Me with my half-done hair and ripped jeans. I had no choice but to join the celebration of marriage as I could not turn back. Even though I was not invited they would have probably taken as a discourtesy If just turn around and headed to my car. So, I decided to stay and enjoy the mass. The celebration was very pleasant. The only regret I have is that I should have combed my hair that morning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog